Kalle,

Each to their own I guess, if you aren't interested by all means ignore. I am not trying to spam the list, just trying to build on the tapestry community.

Personally I think forums are a more usable medium that mailing lists for a number of reasons. eg:
* It is easier for new users to ask their first question
* You can 'decorate' your messages (code blocks, quotes etc) making them more legible.
* Posts are better categorised
* You can ignore traffic until you are ready to read it

I think many new tapestry users are uncomfortable with joining a mailing list and therefore don't get the help they need to get up and running.

You don't have to agree...

Paul.

Kalle Korhonen wrote:
We have the mailing lists for questions, they are archived and searchable
and we have the wiki which I regard as a much better place to store how-tos
etc. and other more static information. What do we need the forums for?

Kalle