Not sure that helps .. you can see my html files so you should be able to tell what is rendered. my question is what other registration do I have to perform to be able to utilise the updateComponent method? How do I identify my node etc.

Thanks in advance

Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
I probably need to add a ResponseBuilder.insertComponents() call pretty
soon, but the basic reason why it's not updating is because the "counter"
and "B" elements probably don't exist on your rendered page already. For it
to update them it needs an element that it can find with something simple
like this javascript:

document.getElementById("counter")

This is usually solved by doing something like:

 <countercomponent here/>

You also shouldn't need to specify which form to submit (in 4.1.2 at least).