Thanks, I've figured it out now, hadn't read the doc on 'selected' attribute :(

Nick Westgate wrote:
Isn't this just a field of your page base class?

In T4 you can inherit, which should be great.
In T3 I had to add the property to each .page file.

Cheers,
Nick.

Paul Stanton wrote:
thanks, listener="ognl:page.listeners.formSubmit" works.

anyone know how to read the 'tag' attribute once in the form submit listener?

Nick Westgate wrote:
I have no T4 project to test with, but in T3 I used OGNL expressions:
getPage().listeners.submitForm
getPage().submitTarget

Cheers,
Nick.

Paul Stanton wrote:
Nick (or anyone), two questions:

1. If I define the form in the border component, why doesn't listener="listener:page.formSubmit" work? It seems I have to define a listener in the border component that delegates to the page method?

2. How do I read the value of the 'tag' attribute of a LinkSubmit once the form is submitted? using this to decide which link was clicked sounds tidier than using the parameters attribute.

Thanks again all of you.

Nick Westgate wrote:
Paul Stanton wrote:
Hmm.. I guess what I don't get is how you can submit a form from a DirectLink component.

I'm guessing you can't, unless you emulate what LinkSubmit does:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/form/linksubmit.html

In my Tapestry 3 apps I actually used form submits exclusively
exactly because of the problem you're having. Any link or button
press should preserve form data and then validate or navigate.

I structured this by having a form in my Border component,
and the base class for all pages providing the "root" listener.
Every link assigned a string which the listener processed.

Each page handled it's own action strings ("save" etc) and the
root listener handled various global actions like navigation
(E.g. "_PageName").

Cheers,
Nick.