4.1.1

with the following example (pseudo code)

<a onclick="async:display dialog"/>
<@Dialog hidden on load="true">
   <@Form async="false">
      <@DropdownDatePicker translator="translator:date,format=dd/MM/yyyy"/>
   </@Form>
</@Dialog>

When I submit the dialog's form with an invalid date ('01/01/2000006') the page re-loads with the dialog already displayed INLINE essentially breaking the layout of the page. How is field validation supposed to work with ajax dialogs?

Ideally, I'd like the dialog displayed with the field highlighted as if it weren't an ajax form. I understand this is a pretty tall order, but the current behaviour is just WRONG. It appears as if the Dialog component is not registered if there is a validation callback.