yes it's 4.1.5, how would i do that andreas? I find the documentation on this stuff very limited.

Andreas Andreou wrote:
Can't you conditionally include a @Script in the response?
Also, that's on 4.1.5, right?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Paul Stanton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

 I have a form which is handled via an async listener, which currently
 just does some component updates:

 ResponseBuilder builder = getRequestCycle().getResponseBuilder();
 builder.updateComponent("dataPanes");
 builder.updateComponent("filterSubmit");

 But now I need to be able to execute some script on the client once the
 updates have completed. I'm assuming this can be achieved, but I can't
 figure out how.

 I've tried using the writeBodyScript method, but the builder's writer is
 null:

 builder.beginBodyScript(writer, getRequestCycle());
 builder.writeBodyScript(writer, "alert('here');", getRequestCycle());
 builder.endBodyScript(writer, getRequestCycle());

 If I change the listener to use JSON the writer is not null, but it
 still doesn't work, and my update component calls don't work.

 Any tips appreciated.

 Thanks, Paul.