Kalle, Chris, thanks for your answers.
Unfortunately the problem is not related to webapp reloading even
restarting the Tomcat service leads to out of PermGen in a few days,
PermGen itself is quite large and I already use UseConcMarkSweepGC. Down
here you can read the java settings :

-Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 -Xms512m -Xmx2048m
-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-XX:HeapDumpPath=/var/log/tomcat6 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

The cause of the space consumption seems to be the presence of a lot of
classes of this type

org.apache.tapestry.enhance.ClassFactoryClassLoader

It seems that the more request the application serves the more PermGen
increases and that's led me to think that the page pool is never cleaned up or
at least not well cleanedup.

Il 06/04/2016 23:24, Kalle Korhonen ha scritto:
> If you run out of permgen space very quickly, then it's indicative that the
> allocated permgen space is simply too small. Perhaps the new version of
> Tomcat requires more of it for itself, leaving less for your application.
> Is the webapp restarted at times? If so, that can easily cause permgen
> space to fill up because of the way OGNL works. And even if you are not
> restarting the app, you need to exercise all parts of your web application
> to find out the true permgen space consumption of it.
>
> Kalle
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Ivano Luberti <lube...@archicoop.it> wrote:
>
>> Hey Tony, if you don't mind, can you send me all the configuration
>> options of Java and Tomcat you are using? So tomcat6.conf and server.xml
>> files?
>>
>> No one else on the list can share its thoughts?
>>
>> Il 05/04/2016 23:03, Ivano Luberti ha scritto:
>>> Hi Tony thanks for the quick answer:

>> well enough with:
>>> with that setting it fails but...

>>> I have only  -Xmx2g
>>>
>>> I use
>>>
>>> -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
>>>
>>> but not
>>>
>>> -XX:+UseParNewGC
>>>

>>> but this last one doesn't seem to have an influence on PermGen, does it?
>>>

>> --
>> dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
>> Archimede Informatica societa' cooperativa a r. l.
>> Sede Operativa
>> Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
>> tel.: +39-050- 580959
>> tel/fax: +39-050-8932061