I have used Tapestry-IOC in many non-gui tools including REST applications
based on Dropwizard, and it is very easy to do. Just in some place during
process initialisation build a IOC registry, retrieve some starting service
and call that service - later all dependencies can be handled by
Tapestry-IOC. I am not aware of any tutorials outside Tapestry website, so
ask if you need any more specific help.

Best regards,
Cezary