Hello everybody

Thank you all for your responses. Very useful to learn various libraries
are being used in Tapestry apps. iText, JasperReport, PDFBox, and FOP.

We'll go with Apache FOP in our project as it turns out we can re-use some
FOP stylesheets from another project.

A Tapestry FOP module would be useful for configuring FOP in a Tapestry
manner. Likewise, it would include a service that would hold the FopFactory
instance which (according to the FOP docs) is supposed to be reused if one
plans to render multiple documents during a JVM's lifetime.

As Ilya described, a Tapestry FOP module is, however, not necessary. One
can just read a config file and configure FOP programmatically.

Again, thank you all for your thoughts. Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,

Volker