        From: Jess Holle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 17/10/2005 20:34
        To: Tomcat Users List
        Subject: Re: IIS security with tomcat

        Sounds like IIS should be doing your authentication...

        Steve Gaunt wrote:

        >Hi
        >
        >I have IIS web server servicing static pdf/html content.  However, I
only want to allow access to these if they have been authenticated by
tomcat(using jk2 connector on the AJP connections).

        >I dont want to move these static pdf/htmls' onto tomcat(as the
folder(s) size at the root is over 10G).  I've tried this and after about 10
hours of use, the tomcat website hosting the static content fails.

        >Ideally, the static conent should be serverd by IIS(as its good at
doing that). But I dont want just anyone being able to view these?

        >I've tried the response.sedREdirect("")
        >
        >and passing the "www-authentication" into the header, but since the
redirect goes back to the browser and rewrites the header, this info is lossed.