I just tried compiling a simple java program and got a segmentation fault. I
was using JDK5.0 which I just downloaded.

However, when I use the jdk that came from the system in /usr/sbin/javac,
the compilation completed successfully.

Looks like I did not install the downloaded JDk1.5 correctly. But, JDK1.5
installation is just running the sh file right?

Rgds