From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 6:18 PM
Subject: RE: heap size problems (speed) [2]

> From: Cristian S [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: heap size problems (speed) [2]
>
> Frankly I have no ideea what's the point of loading almost
> 400M of data in memory in a HashMap.

"If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess."  Or maybe not.  Try
turning on -verbose:gc and see if you're going through a lot of garbage
collections.  If your max heap is 512mb and you're using 400mb of it for
the cache, there may not be much left for request processing.  Should
also try a memory profiler to see just how full the heap really is.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.