HI,

On Nov 29, 2005, at 5:07 PM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Sebastian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: HttpServlet not found?

I compiled it with
        "javac -cp /home/tomcat/j2ee/lib/j2ee.jar:/home/tomcat/mysql
MyServlet.java".

Using j2ee.jar with Tomcat usually results in much grief, since it
contains many classes that conflict with those supplied by Tomcat.
Suggest removing it from your system, or at least taking it out of your
classpath.  Use Tomcat's common/lib/servlet-api.jar instead.

that works fine, but just one time. Again, when I recompile my servlet, without any changes, I get that error. I set all $CLASSPATH's new and move j2ee.jar to another place, where it shouldn't be find.
but I get the same error "NoClassDefFoundError".

Thanks & Greetings,
Sebastian Funk