"No More Apple Mysteries, Part Two"
Date: September 1st, 2005
<http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2520>

are there any javabased DB alternatives, that may perform better than
MySQL (or PostgreSQL for that matter)? I prefer free, open sourced DBs or
otherwise with a license that could fit a small business/non profit
organisation.

I don't enough of JVMs to know if Javabased DBs are usually better
performancewise than MySQL/PostgreSQL, but my thought was that if
everything is kept within the JVM, the weak performance spots in OS X
would be minimized as threads would be handled within JVM rather than
within OS X. Threads being being the prime suspect in the weak MySQL
performance in OS X according Anandtech.

Do you have any thought and/or suggestions on this issue? Experiences you
could share?
My server runs Mac OS X Server 10.2.6 with Java 1.4.1/1.3.1. I can't use
Java 1.5 just yet.

Mike Sabroff
Web Services Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]