Greetings,

 I am developing an application with JSP, and using JSF. Here is a
description of the problem I had with TomCat.

I created a class A which invokes a class B. This class B invokes a class C
(class C is a JUnit class). Both the jar files containing class B and C are
located in the lib folder of my JSP application (the jar file containing
class C is JUnit.jar). When I run my JSP application which uses class A
TomCat does not load the JUnit class, and shows the following error message:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: junit/framework/TestCase

When I run class A as a Java application it works perfectly. I tried many
things but TomCat does not find this class. I have tried putting the
uncompressed classes inside the application "classes" folder but I get the
same error message. My last trial was to directly call class B of the JSP
application, but I get the same error message.

Class B (which invokes the JUnit class) uses reflection in the
implementation. Is this a problem for this context?

I would like to know if anyone knows what is going on and why I get this
error message. I would appreciate if anyone can give me a clue to solve this
problem.

I am using TomCat version 5.5.9, Eclipse 3.1, Java 1.5.0_04 and JSP 2.0.

Thanks in advance.

Camila