Enabling the RequestDumperValve in both 5.5.12 and 5.0.16 (!) messes up the parsing of other-than-ISO-8859-1 incoming parameters.

After using a rather huge bunch of hours, this came down as the result: when this "debug valve" is turned on, it seems to default to ISO-8859-1 when it parses and log-outputs the incoming parameters, thus also implicitly setting the entire Request-object to this enc, so any subsequnt setting to UTF-8 doesn't matter at all. At least this is true for POST paramters.

For GET parameters, the situation is a little different. Here an explicit setting of URIEncoding to UTF-8 seems to work as it should, while useBodyEncodingForURI doesn't - it picks up the wrong already implicitly set encoding. (For 5.0.16 I can't seem to get the latter version to work, and have to use the explicit setting.)

Sorry if my analysis doesn't hold water, but at least the bug seems to be very consistent.

Regards,
Endre.