From: Chad Russell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Work directory

All the files are owned by the user that tomcat runs as. And it does create some directories in there, however it fails on the org/apache directories. If I create those, and changed the owner to the same user as tomcat, then it happily creates the directories underneath it on the fly with no problem.

George Sexton wrote:
Most likely, you ran it as root, and it created a directory
structure. Now
you're trying to run as an unprivileged user. My advice is
to stop tomcat,
wipe all files in the temp and work directories and then
start tomcat.
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/