If our setup was completely stable, and configured
perfectly, should there be NO mod_jk errors ever?

Or, are some errors part of normal operation?

The system seems to work fine from a user's
perspective, but we still occasionally get these:

[Wed Mar 01 20:00:42 2006] [error]
ajp_connection_tcp_get_message::jk_ajp_common.c (961):
Can't receive the response message from tomcat,
network problems or tomcat is down (10.0.0.9:8009),
err=-113
[Wed Mar 01 20:00:42 2006] [error]
ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (1503): Tomcat is down
or refused connection. No response has been sent to
the client (yet)
[Wed Mar 01 20:00:42 2006] [info]
ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1721): Receiving from
tomcat failed, recoverable operation attempt=0
[Wed Mar 01 20:00:42 2006] [info]
ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1749): Sending request
to tomcat failed,  recoverable operation attempt=1

We don't get them that often... about once every 30
minutes.  But, we also don't have much traffic right
now.  (Only about 700 visitors a day, with about 15
page views per visitor.)

We've ran load tests, but the error message count
doesn't seem to inrease by much if any.

Are these error messages a normal part of mod_jk, or
do they definitely indicate some sort of problem (like
network issues)?

We are using mod_jk 1.2.15, Apache 2.0.55 and Tomcat
5.5.15.

For what it's worth, we have other completely separate
system setups using mod_jk2, and they also all seem to
get occasional ajp errors.  This is our first setup
using mod_jk, and we are assuming these errors are a
bad thing.

Thanks,
-Michael