Hello Mikolaj,

I have set up the JMX server of JDK 1.5.0_06/Tomcat 5.5.15. It works fine locally, I'm testing with "jconsole".

However, if I tunnel the JMX port over SSH, it does not work. I can connect to the port, but there is no flow of data. "jconsole" is hanging around for a minute, and then the connect dialog pops up. What is going wrong here?

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=565139&tstart=30
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=289869&messageID=1242288

I understand the problem, but do not know how to solve it. Can you give an example how the java.rmi.server.hostname and java.rmi.server.useLocalHostname properties on the client and the server should be set in this case?

Regards,

Andreas