2012/8/30 Knute Snortum <ksnor...@catalystitservices.com>:
> [...]

Thanks for the project that helps me to understand your problem :-)

The filtering here is done by the maven-war-plugin so the tomcat7
doesn't have any idea of that !
The plugin use warSourceDirectory
http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/tomcat7-maven-plugin/run-mojo.html#warSourceDirectory

So by default web.xml is src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml and the file
is not filtered

In your case you can add
<warSourceDirectory>${project.build.directory}/${project.artifactId}-${project.version}</warSourceDirectory>
to the tomcat7 plugin configuration
and run: mvn clean install tomcat7:run
and it looks it works no more debug mode and it will use the filtered file.

HTH