On 01/12/2012 21:15, Jost Boekemeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think tomcat is hard-wired the way you suggest.

[sigh] Suggest?

Tomcat, as does the Servlet Spec, focuses on web applications, ie ones
served over HTTP.

The Connector implementations are configurable, but there is no UDP
implementation shipped with Tomcat.  Nor is there a raw Servlet, TCP
implementation.

> And the servlet spec doesn't require http.

What a strange statement.

The javax.servlet.http package, (being part of the spec), does rather
seem to focus on it and the 3.0 spec mentions HTTP on a fairly large
number of it's pages.

> In the past I've written a
> servlet container which uses raw tcp instead of http.

Smashing.

> The tomcat jee container is needed by php java bridge to rund php code from
> Java.

Is that the context of your problem, or just some random info?

> Probably the tomcat dev ml is more appropriate.

Ahh, the dismissal.  Bueno.

--

[key:62590808]