Hmmm. I didn't know that, I guess.

Well, I wonder if that long string requires some kind of escape character to be
inserted in it?

-----Original Message-----
From: tsidhu [mailto:tsidh...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:22 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: JNDI setup oracle 11 g

Thanks Barry,

The reason for the long dburl string is that this is an Oracle RAC (Clustered
database). My understanding is that the "simple" dburl cannot be used for RAC
databases.

Also, I tried removing/adding the  validationQuery  from the context.xml,
however that did not work either :(.

When I researched the ORA-00911 error, it typically is thrown when you haven an
invalid character in the query. However I get this error when trying to get a
connection via the JNDI reference to the pool.

The strange thing is that this works via a simple java program that directly
uses the JDBC/Oracle driver.

I can work around the issue by not using JNDI in the web app, however I am not
then able to use pooling I guess.

Tony