> From: Kiran Badi [mailto:ki...@poonam.org]
> Subject: Trying to install tomcat 7.0.35 but after installation it shows me
> as Apache Tomcat 7.0.2

> I downloaded the Tomcat 7.0.35 from core binary distribution.32-bit
> Windows zip<http://www.motorlogy.com/apache/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.35/
> bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.35-windows-x86.z>

> I wanted to install this as service in windows 32 bit vista home premium.I
> installed it correctly and I can open and get into admin page.

Are you actually running it as a service, or from the .bat scripts?

> However in admin page of tomact I see the version as
> Apache Tomcat 7.0.2

What "admin" page are you referring to?  Tomcat has a default welcome page
which shows the version, a manager app (which requires configuration to
access), and the service monitor (tomcat7w.exe); which one are you talking
about?

> Any ideas as why I am seeing 7.0.2 rather than 7.0.35 ?

I just downloaded and installed the 7.0.35 32-bit .zip file from the same
mirror, with no problems.  Are you sure you don't have an earlier version of
Tomcat installed as well?  (Note that 7.0.2 never progressed beyond beta.)

You should probable remove all the Tomcats you can find, and reinstall from a
fresh download.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.