Hi Guys,

We have a application running on the latest Tomcat7 and we are getting a
server crash or becoming unresponsive. This occur every few days at no fixed
intervals or time of day and they certainly don't correlate to any app
function ­ at least not according to the logs.

We set setup monitoring using JavaMelody and what we see is dramatic spikes
in CPU and memory usage at the time of the crash.

Memory hovers around 3-5% for the rest of the time and CPU is the same.

I've looked at the number of sessions, HTTP activity , jdbc activity and
nothing obvious jumps out.

I'd really appreciate your collective wisdom in putting into practice some
strategies to identify the cause of the spikes. This driving me and my team
nuts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Z.