-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas, Steve [mailto:stho...@vocollect.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:10 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat upgrade ->SSL handshake failure?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List

Chris:  You're right that we did upgrade our JVM as well; I should have
mentioned that.  I will follow up on the remainder of your email later, but in
the meantime wanted to say thanks and good catch on the JVM!

Regards,

Steve

This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or
taking any action based on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.

Update:

A coworker just found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14167508/intermittent-sslv3-alert-handshake-failure-under-python

which looks promising and explains the intermittent behavior.  We are going to
try to limit the ciphers to see if that fixes things.