I absolutely agree.  I would expect to see the same behavior with Apache HTTPD,
IIS, or
any other service that accesses mapped drives.  It is a question of how service
accounts behave
in the windows architecture, rather than something specific with Tomcat.

Jeffrey Harris

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this
email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the
apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any
attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or
copy this message and any attachments.