On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <
smithh032...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <
> smithh032...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Thad Humphries <thad.humphr...@gmail.com
>> > wrote:

>>> platforms. It
>>> However
>>> (so

>>> of
>>> >

>>> All of them--PDF, XLS, DOC, DOCX, TIFF, ZIP, etc. Every file type I've
>>> tried.
>>>

>> Hmmm, interesting thread (and responses so far). I think I am aware of
>> this 'Android default Webkit browser' you are referring to. I always avoid
>> using it, and download Google Chrome from Google Play store to my Android
>> devices, and I don't think I ever tested my web app with the default
>> browser installed on Android devices.
>>
>> I have downloaded PDF files (generated in-memory) from my java/JSF web
>> app to Android device, and I have never seen this ClientAbortException. my
>> web app also has at least one iPad enduser (which has Google Chrome
>> installed on iPad). I am unaware of his experience and I don't think he
>> downloads PDF files from web app to his iPad, but I am quite confident that
>> it works or will work. :)

>>> thought I'd
>>> mail
>>>

>> Okay, i just tested this with/in my web app on my Google Nexus 7
>> (android, of course). I offer Download, Print, and View hyperlinks within
>> the web app. Mind you, this is PrimeFaces xhtml below.

UPDATE:

1. Reached out to 2 mobile endusers of my web app that does file downloads

2. iPad enduser says that the View commandLink
(contentDisposition="inline") works 'always', he has no issues

3. Android enduser informed me that the View commandLink
(contentDisposition="inline") 'does not always' work, sometimes it works,
sometimes it does

4. Per the test results, this email thread, and what my endusers want, i
just made a change to 'only' provide the View commandLink
(contentDisposition="inline") to iPad (and nonmobile devices), and the
Download commandlink is provided to Android endusers