> From: saumil shah [mailto:saumil...@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE : Tomcat 6.0.35 Crashed again

> It would be "prefered" to make Min and Max heap size same

Usually that is the case.

> is -XX:+UseParallelGC recommended , since I have 8 core machine or would
> there be penalty to that ?

You very likely should use one of the parallel collector settings.  Depending
on the JVM version and the platform you're running on, it may already be
enabled by default.

You might want to review this:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/gc-tuning-6-140523.html

Although written for Java 6, it's still applicable to Java 7 and 8.  There is a
newer parallel and concurrent collector (G1) available in Java 7, but I'm not
sure what it's stability is like yet.  It is destined to be the default
collector one of these days.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.