> From: Jason Aleski [mailto:jason.ale...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: context.xml vs ROOT.xml

Don't top post.

> I believe it is being ignored because it doesn't see the database
> connection when it is in the META-INF/context.xml.

I believe you must be doing something else that's causing the DB connection to
go missing.  If you look at a standard Tomcat download, you'll see that the
manager and host-manager webapps are included as unpacked directories,
including META-INF/context.xml files; if those were being ignored, those
webapps could not function.

Note that if you have a ROOT.xml file in conf/Catalina/[host], that will
override what's in webapps/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.