On 03.05.2013 19:03, Jess Holle wrote:
> On 5/3/2013 11:58 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Although AFAIR last time it couldn't do my favorite "quotient of
>> deltas", but until now I haven't found a standard tool doing that.
>>
>> Average response time in last intervall = delta(cumulatedResponseTime)/
>>                                            delta(RequestCount)
>>
>> Tomcat provides cumulatedResponseTime and RequestCount per Servlet,
>> Webapp and globally, but unfortunately the tools lack for this one.
> You can always add an MBean for such things -- and for cumulative CPU
> time per request, cumulative time spent blocked and waiting per request,
> etc, etc.

We do have the above cumulative stuff for Tomcat as MBeans. But if you
want the above statistics on a client controlled interval, the client
needs to be able to do quotient of deltas. Haven't seen any standard
client that can do that yet (they can do deltas and rates and some
quotients, but not the needed combination). So that's something one
might need to implement oneself.

Regards,

Rainer