2013/5/24 B T <bt1...@live.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone here might have some insight in different behaviors
> between 6.0.16 and 6.0.37.
>
> I've been using version 6.0.16 (With CentOS 5) for quite some time - and it
> has worked very well. I was in the process of testing a new configuration and
> was exploring the possibility of upgrading to the latest 6.0.37 on CentOS 6.3.
>
> After installing 6.0.37 (on CentOS 6.3), all of my .jsp pages now render as
> blank (.html still get served correctly). I then removed 6.0.37 and installed
> the old 6.0.16 (on the same CentOS 6.3 box) and things work well.
>
> To explain the "blank" comment further, I open a browser, and I can pull up a
> simple .html page just fine. Once I go to a simple .jsp page, the entire
> browser screen is blank. The .java and the .class do get generated correctly
> in the working directory.
>
> Also, to complicate things even further, 6.0.37 *works* with my codebase on
> my Windows 7 PC.
>
> Does anyone have any insight into what could be so different between the
> Linux 6.0.16 Tomcat release and its 6.0.37 couterparts ?

1. Do you have default web application (aka ROOT)?

(Error pages will not be able to render themselves if the request
cannot be mapped to a web application. You will see it as a blank
page, though with correct HTTP response code).

2. Configure an access log, if you do not have one. (E.g. uncomment it
in server.xml).

What HTTP response status is recorded in the log? 200? 400? 500?

If a request is incorrect it may result in a blank page (as processing
is stopped early as "error 400, incorrect request").

3. Anything in other logs?

4. How did you install 6.0.37?

Did you run it with correct permissions? (E.g. if one starts Tomcat as
root, shuts it down, and then tries to start it again as a non-root
user,  permissions on directories created during the first run will
prevent it from functioning correctly).

5. Do you run with SecurityManager being enabled?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko