On 29.07.2013 03:49, srinivas yelamanchili wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to configure Apache httpd talk to Tomcat
>
> From the documentation at
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/apache.html
>
> 1. Under 'Using Tomcat auto-configure' we have this line
> "creating your workers.properties file at
> $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jk/workers.properties"
>
> Under 'Simple configuration example' we have this line
> "# Where to find workers.properties
>     JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties"
>
> For the auto-configuration the worker properties file path is in TOMCAT_HOME
> path but for custom it's in HTTPd path?
> What's the recommended path?

AFAIK auto configuration does not work any more and never did very well.

> 2. Under 'Using Tomcat auto-configure'
>
> a) "The simplest way to configure Apache HTTP Server to use mod_jk is to turn
> on the Apache HTTP Server auto-configure setting in Tomcat"
> How to turn on the auto-configure setting in Tomcat?
>
> b) "Please note that this example is specific to Tomcat 5.x, unlike other
> sections of this document which also apply to previous Tomcat branches."
> This statement may need to be updated with respect to latest Tomcat 7.0?
>
> c) <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
> modJk="/path/to/mod_jk.so" />
> Here '/path/to' is not actual folders so should be italicized to mean as a
> pseudo-code?

AFAIK auto configuration does not work any more and never did very well.

Start with the configuration examples distributed with the mod_jk source
distribution (and don't take the "minimal" config file).

> 3. Under 'Simple configuration example'
> In which file (name) should the given configuration be saved to and under
> location HTTPd or TOMCAT_HOME path?

Start with the configuration examples distributed with the mod_jk source
distribution (and don't take the "minimal" config file).

There's a httpd-jk.conf there which should be included in the httpd.conf
and a workers.properties which is referenced from httpd-jk.conf.

> 4. Under 'Introduction'
> "There is actually three versions of Apache HTTP Server, 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 and
> all can be used with mod_jk, the Tomcat redirector module."
> comments:
> 2.4 is missing and 'three' is no longer accurate
> 'There is' should be 'There are'

That was fixed recently in the docs sources and will be published with
1.2.38. Apache 2.4 is supported since some time now.

Regards,

Rainer