Hello all,

I'm trying to use the tomcat7-maven-plugin, specifically running the *mvn
tomcat7:run* command.

However, in my case I have two requirements that are different than the
documentation provides for and I'm wondering if it is possible with the
current tomcat7-maven-plugin.

1. need to deploy several jars to the global tomcat classpath (i.e. same as
copying them into <tomcat.home>/lib/ext/ folder in a standalone install).
2. need to deploy a war to the ROOT context but instead of packaging the
current project from source, I just need to point to an existing WAR as a
dependency.

So in my project there will be no webapp source.  I simply want to run a
tomcat with some extra jars in /lib/ext/ directory and also deploy a war
that is obtained via a <dependency> with war type instead of packaged from
source.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Greg Amerson