On 27/12/2013 07:27, Mark Eggers wrote:
> On 12/26/2013 11:09 PM, 侯树成 wrote:

>> 1.set tomcat connector like this:
>>      <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>>                 connectionTimeout="20000"
>>                 redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="1" maxThreads="1"
>> minSpareThreads="1"/>
>>
>> 2. deploy a war file, which contains a servlet that will sleep 60s in
>> it's
>> doPost method
>>
>> 3. use LR or JMeter send 5 requests to the serlvet above
>>

> I'm going to guess based on the Tomcat 7 documentation:
>
> request 1 gets executed and sits in your doPost for 60 seconds
> request 2 consumes the minSpareThread
> request 3 consumes the acceptCount
>
> Per documentation, connections 4 and 5 are dropped immediately.

That is almost right except that there should not be a spare thread at
step 2 since maxThreads includes any spare threads.

I'd expect request 2 to use the accept count and 3, 4 & 5 to be dropped.
There may be an off-by-one error somewhere or it could just be an
artefact of how the limit is enforced.

> Please read the following and see if my interpretation is reasonable:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html
>
> Pay particular attention to the Introduction section.
>
> If I have the particulars wrong, hopefully someone will come along and
> correct me.

Mark