Jeffrey,

<Connector address="10.4.1.20" port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"

Could it be as simple as having set the "address" attribute?

+1

BTW, setting attribute preverIPv4Stack=true on server side doesn't mean anything for the client. The client will try to connect with the protocol he prefers. The client may also fall back to other protocol (e.g. if IPv6 connection fails several times, try with IPv4).

I see that access log is not configured. Is there a reason for that?

Without access log you can't tell if the remote request reaches Tomcat or not. So, for start, I suggest you configure access log for Tomcat 7 and report back if something is logged after you try to connect from the remote host. Note that Tomcat may postpone writes to the log files, so make sure you stop Tomcat before you check your logs.

If there is no record of remote requests in Tomcat 7 access logs, I suggest you analyze what is going on with Wireshark or some other packet analyzer. You can that see if the client:

1. tries to connect using IPv6 or IPv4,
2. is falling back,
3. which exactly IPv4/v6 adress does it use,
4. is TCP three-way handshake successfull.

Only when you confirm that three-way handshake is succsessful and that the destionation IP adress is IPv4 "10.4.1.20", you may say that the request should have reached Tomcat.

-Ognjen