On 27.02.2014 23:06, Isaac Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi Christopher(and Konstantin), attached is a couple of thread dumps of when
> we experienced the issue again today. I also noticed we get this message
> right before the problem occurs:
> Feb 27, 2014 12:47:15 PM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
> SEVERE: Caught exception (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new
> native thread) executing
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketAcceptor@177ddea, terminating thread

Is it a 32Bit system? You have 2GB of heap plus Perm plus native memory
needed by the process plus thread stacks. Not unlikely, that you ran out
of memory address space for a 32 bit process.

The only fixes would then be:

- switch to a 64 bit system

- reduce heap if the app can work with less

- improve performance or eliminate bottlenecks so that the app works
with less threads

- limit you connector thread pool size. That will still mean that if
requests begin to queue because of performance problems, the web server
can't create additional connections, but you won't get in an irregular
situation as you experience now. In that case you would need to
configure a low idle timeout for the connections on the JK and TC side.

Regards,

Rainer