On 9/19/14 12:22 PM, Tran, Minh wrote:
Hope you all have a good Friday. I am new to Tom Cat server and I
have a basic question which I would like to seek your helps and
expertise.  Could I have a several web applications running on one
tomcat server? I am using tomcat manager version 7. If I can , how
can i do it?  Thanks in advance for all of your helps.

Sure. In the Tomcat we have running on our production AS/400, for example, we have two instances of our Wintouch Web webapp (production, running as "ROOT," and demo, running as "wintouchdemo," along with another webapp that allows users to obtain limited-time license authorization codes for our products, and an additional context that consists of nothing but static pages.

And we have another Tomcat server running on a Win-Doze box, that has two more instances of our Wintouch Web webapp (but still accessing Wintouch on the aforementioned AS/400).

This is, in both cases, in addition to the "manager" and "host-manager" contexts provided with Tomcat.

Which is to say that straight out of the box, Tomcat has multiple webapps running, just for "manager," "host-manager," and the demonstration "ROOT."

--
JHHL