No that is not the issue, that was my typing mistake

${incr = x->x+1; incr(10)}

throws same

*message* */TestLambda.jsp (line: 59, column: 42) The function incr must be
used with a prefix when a default namespace is not specified*

*description* *The server encountered an internal error that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.*

*exception*

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /TestLambda.jsp (line: 59, column:
42) The function incr must be used with a prefix when a default
namespace is not specified

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:42)