Hi

> Hi Violeta
>
> Hi,

>:

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getTldResourcePath(JspCompilationContext.java:536)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:410)

> > > <snip/>

> look
> > > I'm using tomcat version *8.0.20*

> > Thanks for the quick response

> > I debug the code as you suggest and found that getTldCache() is null.
> > In the code As I understand there are 2 point which set the *tldCache*
> >  variable
> > one is the setTldCache() method and other is
> > public static TldCache getInstance(ServletContext servletContext) {
> >
> >     if (servletContext == null) {
> >         throw new IllegalArgumentException(Localizer.getMessage(
> >
> "org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldCache.servletContextNull"));
> >     }
> >     return (TldCache)
> > servletContext.getAttribute(SERVLET_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE_NAME);
> > }
>

> >>If you can attach a debugger try to see whether the code below is
invoked:

> >>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer.onStartup(Set<Class<?>>,
> >>ServletContext) {
> >>        context.setAttribute(TldCache.SERVLET_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE_NAME,
> >>                new TldCache(context,
scanner.getUriTldResourcePathMap(),
> >>                        scanner.getTldResourcePathTaglibXmlMap()));
> >>
> >>}
> I have checked that as well. But that method didn't get hot when I'm
> debugging the source.
> what could be the reason?

>You wrote that you are running an embedded Tomcat. Is that true?
>In Tomcat 8, Jasper initialization is implemented as a standard
>ServletContainderInitializer (check Servlet specification).
>So you should ensure
>that org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer.onStartup is invoked
>during web app startup

Could someone tell me how can I make sure that this method get call during
the web app startup?

Best Regards
Thusitha