Hi Felix,
Thanks fort your help!
I have enabled krb5 and gss debug.I altered CATALINA_OPTS in startup.bat and
also added the same definitions to the Java parameters in Configure Tomcat
tool.I definitely got more information when using startup.bat, not sure the
settings get picked up by the windows service ?
I do not think authentication completes, certainly authorization does not as I
cant see the site and get 401 http status.
I have not configured a tomcat realm but I have put the test user a manager-gui
group in Active Directory.
David