Am 22.04.2015 um 11:33 schrieb Mayuresh:
Hi Gurus,

i am trying to make this combination and am stumbled at a place. After a
lot of searching and experimenting I finally decided to post this question
here.

I am trying to load a page which loads just fine directly on tomcat.
However if I try to load it through the Apache web server, it fails with a
502 on apache (400 on tomcat)

For an unsuccessful request through apache I see the following in the logs,
where all the headers seem to be garbled:
22-Apr-2015 01:53:46.656 FINE [http-nio-8080-exec-1]
org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.preRegister preRegister
org.apache.coyote.RequestInfo@616702aa
Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker="http-nio-8080",name=HttpRequest1
22-Apr-2015 01:53:46.657 FINE [http-nio-8080-exec-1]
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractNioInputBuffer.parseRequestLine Received
[^R4^B^G^B^B^@^HHTTP/1.1^@^@^M/greeting/abc^@^@
  10.0.0.23^@ÿÿ^@^Posxltmkshi.local^@&ü^@^@
  ^K^@^Uosxltmkshi.local:9980^@ ^F^@
keep-alive^@ ^L^@^Hno-cache^@^@^MCache-Control^@^@^Hno-cache^@
^A^@Jtext/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8^@
^N^@wMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/537.36
(KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.90
Safari/537.36^@^@^OAccept-Encoding^@^@^Sgzip, deflate,
sdch^@^@^OAccept-Language^@^@^Nen-US,en;q=0.8^@^@^OX-Forwarded-For^@^@^L14.102.224.6^@
^H^@^A0^@
^@^OAJP_REMOTE_PORT^@^@^E55806^@
^@^PJK_LB_ACTIVATION^@^@^CACT^@ÿ]

mod_jk talks the AJP protocol, so you need to connect it to the Tomcat AJP connector. You instead connected it to the Tomcat HTTP connector. You probably have configured port 8080 in the mod_jk config instead of 8009 (default AJP port in Tomcat default server.xml).

Regards,

Rainer