Guys, it's been a long time since I did any work with AJP, but it looks like
something I'll be implementing soon.
I have a couple of basic questions, mostly related to ProxyPassReverse, but
also one related to SSL.

I know to turn on mod_proxy and mod_proxy_ajp and  a simple ProxyPass where the
source and dest paths match, i.e. both are "/foo".  The question is if they
differ.  The httpd docs give this example:

Rewriting Proxied Path
ProxyPass /apps/foo ajp://backend.example.com:8009/foo
ProxyPassReverse /apps/foo http://www.example.com/foo

but don't mention if you need to turn on the RewriteEngine.
Also, the second line doesn't look correct.  Shouldn't it be
http://www.example.com/app/foo?
BTW: we don't seem to be able to get that to work.
"ProxyPass /myapp ajp://localhost:8009/myapp"  works, but
"ProxyPass /app ajp://localhost:8009/myapp" does not work, and we've tried
various iterations of ProxyPassReverse with it.

What's the best way to handle ROOT.war, assuming there are other webapps to
deploy as well?
What if I don't want ROOT.war, but want to send / to a specific webapp?

SSL Question:
Since our web.xml is configured to redirect all requests to SSL in the
<security-constraints> area, how does that effect the options that need to be
supplied in the connector?  Right now, we just have the basic config as it
comes in the initial conf.xml.

Sorry for being a newbie on this, but the last time I messed with Apache proxy
was 4.0 and then I used JK.

Jeffrey Janner