Thanks for providing the solution, as well as the question.
Is this something that should be added to some documentation on the Tomcat website ? Or is it already there and you just overlooked it ?

On 15.09.2015 19:30, Thomas, Stuart wrote:
The server simply needs to the C++ Redistributable for VS - answer is to
install this on the server:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Now it makes sense why it worked locally and not on the server.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:38 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: TC Connector IIS .41 build not running on windows 2012

I did a build from source using MS Blend for VS.  I copied x86 settings to x64
and my .41 build runs like a charm on Win7 64bit IIS 7.5 - but does not run on
windows 2012 IIS 8.5.  Is there anything I should be doing differently to build
for IIS 8.5?

--------------------------
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s).
Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the
sender by reply email and delete
all copies of this message.

Littler Mendelson, P.C. is part of the international legal practice Littler
Global, which operates worldwide
through a number of separate legal entities. Please visit www.littler.com for
more information.