Yuval,

On 11/12/2015 1:17 AM, Yuval Schwartz wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 7:14 PM, Mark Eggers
> <its_toas...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> Yuval,

> And it will only be there if you actually deploy the WAR file to
> Tomcat (and unpackWARs is set to true).
>
> It may be in a different directory if you use a context file. This
> is how NetBeans operates. It may not even exist (if unpackWARs is
> set to false).
>
> What are you doing that requires knowledge of Document Root? BTW,
> document root is really an Apache HTTPD concept, and not an Apache
>  Tomcat concept.
>

>> I just want to place a favicon in the document root. How can I
>> do this? Again, the default tomcat favicon was shown up until (I
>> think) when I changed one of my projects' context path from
>> "applicationName" to "/". Since then, the favicon has
>> disappeared and I would like to see it again (and to have a
>> better understanding of these things since I hope to deploy to a
>> web server in the coming months).
>

> Also, it is the convention of this mailing list to either reply
> inline or (preferably) at the end of the message. See the
> following for the mailing list guidelines:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html
>
> (item 6 of the tomcat-users mailing list)
>
> . . . just my two cents /mde/

You ended up deleting the ROOT web application that ships with Tomcat
when you set the Context Path to /, and then did any clean operation
(Clean, or Build and Clean) from NetBeans.

To restore the favicon, just copy a fresh copy of the ROOT directory
back into C:\Tomcat\webapps.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/