On 16.11.2015 11:36, Amit Rawat wrote:
Hi,

I'm observing some strange behaviour between two instances of
apache-tomcat-7.0.41 running on the same server. Sessions are shared between
the servers on multiple logins/logouts on the same browser , but when i switch
browsers , the session sharing stops .

I have posted a question on stack overflow where you can find more details on what
I have tried & my observations :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33546555/tomcat-simple-tcp-cluster-doesnt-work-on-switching-browser

  Any help would be appreciated.

Off the top of my head, I would say
- a "session" saved on the server, is identified by a "session-id" (some kind of large alphanumeric string, unique) - to allow a browser to re-connect to the same session during several interactions, this session-id is initially sent to the browser, contained in a cookie - whenever the browser interacts with the same server/cluster, it resends this cookie, and this is what allows the server to re-connect this browser to the saved session

- of course, if you switch browsers, the new browser does not have that cookie. So it does not send it to the server/cluster, and it gets a new session, with a different session-id.

Or did I misunderstand your explanation of what happens ?