Depending on your layout, with httpd 2.2 there should be a subdirectory named
extra within the conf directory.  Create an httpd-ajp.conf file inside the
extra subdirectory.  The following example httpd-ajp.conf file assumes
mod-proxy-ajp is statically linked. It should get you started...
# Example /conf/extra/httpd-ajp.conf
<Location /your_app_name/>
    ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/your_app_name/
</Location>
Depending on the location of your conf directory, add an include statement in
httpd.conf similar the the following:
# AJP - Apache-Tomcat
Include /usr/share/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-ajp.conf