On 29.06.2016 17:54, Mark Thomas wrote:
Those just wrap java.util.logging so follow the instructions (from
log4j2) to redirect that to log4j2.

Mark

Thank you for your quick reply.
That's what I did already[1], but it still results in an exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory

This message results from the attempt to load the logger into org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig's static log field.

Just to prevent misunderstandings: I'm using tomcat-embed-core 8.5.3.

Regards
Christian

[1] add log4j-jul to classpath and add java.util.logging.manager=org.apache.logging.log4j.jul.LogManager to the system properties