Roy,

On 8/11/16 3:43 AM, Roy Leonardus wrote:
> Hello Christopher,
>
> maybe i'm a little bit slow here, but from what i see, we should
> mock the connection method
>
> Connection connection= ds.getConnection();
>
> something like
>
> Connection connection =(Connection) EasyMock.expect(ds.
> isvalid()).andReturn(true).anyTimes();
>
> Problem is, the error happened during the validation of the
> PoolableConnection, below is the build error from the surefire
>
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: isValid() returned false at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.PoolableConnection.validate(PoolableConne
ction.java:283)

at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.validateConnect
ion(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:357)

at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory
(BasicDataSource.java:2307)

at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionF
actory(BasicDataSource.java:2290)

It's

been a while since I've bothered to mock the JDBC interfaces
because they are such a PITA to do. But it's possible that your mock
Connection isn't being used by the BasicDataSource. Perhaps you need
to mock the BasicDataSource (or maybe just DataSource) too.

> so i think we should either override the validate() so the
> validation is always returning true( which i am reluctant to do, as
> the point is to test the whole thing)
>
> or enhancing the fake driver connection, so it always responding
> with a result set.

If you have set a validation query, that query should be executed. If
you don't specify a query, I'd expect Connection.isValid to be used
instead. I see from the exception that the isValid is failing, but you
also mentioned that you tried to set a validation query and got a
different error.

I think you should keep going without a validation query because it
should simplify things a little bit. Can you post more of your code?
It's hard to tell how you are setting-up your test-case. If you have
mock objects, what are you mocking and how are you injecting those
mock objects into the code you are testing?