On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Mark Juszczec <mark.juszc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:23 AM, André Warnier (tomcat) <a...@ice-sa.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Good. That our goal here. We live to help :-)
>>

> You all have been helpful beyond description.
>

>> I don't think that there is a need for a formal "petition". This being a
>> Tomcat list, and the mod_jk Connector being part of the Tomcat project
>> (despite being an Apache httpd add-on), I believe that this is in scope of
>> the list, as long as we do not stray too far in httpd-specific things.
>> One problem is that this list strips most attachments, and that posting
>> your whole configuration setup may be a bit much for pasting it into your
>> Is there a way by which you can post your configuration to some
>> publicly-accessible place, and provide a link ?

httpd.conf:

ServerRoot "/apache2.4.6/install"
DocumentRoot "/apache2.4.6/install/proj"
PidFile bin/someFile.pid
ServerTokens Prod
Timeout 60
KeepAlive Off
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
ExtendedStatus On
UseCanonicalName On
HostnameLookups Off
ServerSignature Off

ServerName my.server.name:9001

ServerAdmin root@localhost
Listen 9001
TraceEnable off
AddDefaultCharset On

<IfModule prefork.c>
#  parms deleted for space
</IfModule>

<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
#  parms deleted for space
</IfModule>

LoadModule unixd_module modules/mod_unixd.so
LoadModule access_compat_module modules/mod_access_compat.so
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule authz_core_module modules/mod_authz_core.so
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule mpm_worker_module modules/mod_mpm_worker.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule log_forensic_module modules/mod_log_forensic.so

LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
LoadModule filter_module modules/mod_filter.so
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule authn_core_module modules/mod_authn_core.so
LoadModule authn_file_module modules/mod_authn_file.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module  modules/mod_auth_basic.so

User myUser
Group myUser

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all denied
</Directory>

<IfModule log_forensic_module>
     ForensicLog logs/forensic_log
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir disabled
</IfModule>

<Directory "/var/www">
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory "/apache2.4.6/install/proj">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.html
</IfModule>

<Files ".ht*">
    Require all denied
</Files>

ErrorLog "logs/error_log"

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
LogLevel mod_rewrite.c:trace8
</IfModule>

<IfModule log_config_module>
    CustomLog logs/mj_debug "%{canonical}p %{local}p %{remote}p %r %q
%{FirstName}e %{FirstName}n %{FirstName}o"
</IfModule>

IndexOptions FancyIndexing VersionSort NameWidth=* HTMLTable

# removed icon stuff

ReadmeName README.html
HeaderName HEADER.html

IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

AddLanguage ca .ca
AddLanguage cs .cz .cs
AddLanguage da .dk
AddLanguage de .de
AddLanguage el .el
AddLanguage en .en
AddLanguage eo .eo
AddLanguage es .es
AddLanguage et .et
AddLanguage fr .fr
AddLanguage he .he
AddLanguage hr .hr
AddLanguage it .it
AddLanguage ja .ja
AddLanguage ko .ko
AddLanguage ltz .ltz
AddLanguage nl .nl
AddLanguage nn .nn
AddLanguage no .no
AddLanguage pl .po
AddLanguage pt .pt
AddLanguage pt-BR .pt-br
AddLanguage ru .ru
AddLanguage sv .sv
AddLanguage zh-CN .zh-cn
AddLanguage zh-TW .zh-tw

LanguagePriority en ca cs da de el eo es et fr he hr it ja ko ltz nl nn no
pl pt pt-BR ru sv zh-CN zh-TW

ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback

<IfModule mime_module>
    TypesConfig /etc/mime.types
    DefaultType None
    AddType application/x-compress .Z
    AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
</IfModule>

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

<IfModule mime_magic_module>
    MIMEMagicFile conf/magic
</IfModule>

# removed a bunch of BrowserMatch directives for space

IncludeOptional conf.d/*.conf

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/xml text/javascript text/css
image/bmp application/x-amf application/pdf

DeflateCompressionLevel 6

<Location /server-status>
SetHandler server-status
#  parms deleted for space
</Location>

<Location /server-info>
 SetHandler server-info
#  parms deleted for space
 </Location>

<Location /jkmanager>
JkMount jkstatus
#  parms deleted for space
</Location>

located in conf.d/*.conf

LoadModule jk_module /apache2.4.6/install/modules/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile /apache2.4.6/install/conf.d/workers.properties

JkLogFile /apache2.4.6/install/logs/mod_jk.log

JkLogLevel trace

JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURIEscaped -ForwardDirectories

JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"

<VirtualHost *:9001>
        DocumentRoot /apache2.4.6/install/proj/

 RewriteCond  %{LA-U:REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
 RewriteRule  ^/(content/help/Help-)[a-zA-Z_]+(.*) $1en$2 [R,L]

 RewriteCond  %{LA-U:REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
 RewriteRule  ^/(content_reparent/Reparent_help-)[a-zA-Z_]+(.*) $1en$2 [R,L]

<Location /webapp1/cache-monitor >
#  parms removed for brevity
</Location>

<Location /webapp2/automation.html >
#  parms removed for brevity
</Location>

################### Shibboleth Configuration #################A

UseCanonicalPhysicalPort On

<Location /Shibboleth.sso>
  SetHandler shib
</Location>

<Location /shib>
#  parms removed for brevity
</Location>

<Location /path/to/some.fve>
 AuthType Shibboleth
 ShibRequestSetting requireSession true
 require shib-session
 Require valid-user
</Location>

JkEnvVar Var1
JkEnvVar Var2

JkMount /SiteA/* lbA2
JkMount /SiteA lbA2

JkMount /SiteB/* lbA2
JkMount /SiteB lbA2

JkMount /shib/* lbA2
JkMount /shib lbA2

JkMount /SiteC/* lbB
JkMount /SiteC lbB

JKMount /jkmanager/* jkstatus
JKMount /jkmanager jkstatus

JKMount /SiteD/* lbC
JKMount /SiteD lbC

</VirtualHost>

Some questions (if these are not relevant, please disregard):

I'm loading a whole bunch of modules.  Could some of them be incompatible?

DocumentRoot refers to a directory that does not exist.  Is that a problem?

What does AddLanguage do?

Is AddDefaultCharset redundant?

Are +ForwardKeySize and -ForwardDirectories somehow disabling what
+ForwardURIEscaped does?

I have verified the data coming out of Shibboleth is what we expect.