On 20.10.2016 20:50, Daniel Savard wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am testing the FarmDeployer in a Tomcat cluster environment and it seems
it cannot do what I would like it to do.

So far, it works fine to deploy the web application on all cluster members.
However, the way they are deployed is the plain war file drop into the
appBase directory. I didn't find any way to make it working with a context
specific to the application configured in the ${ENGINE}/${HOST}/appName.xml
file for example for the appName web application.

Anyone knows if there is a trick to do that? Or is there a reason it is not
possible to associate a context specific to the web application?

BTW, if it is of any use, I am running Tomcat 8.0.36 and Oracle JDK
1.8.0_92.

Maybe naive, and I have never tried any of this myself, but is there a reason why you cannot use method 2 in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/deployer-howto.html#A_word_on_Contexts
in that scenario ?