Chris,

For some reason I thought that I read somewhere that the git repo
is read-only.  I didn't realize that I can submit a PR there.
It *is* read-only. But you can clone the repo and make a read-write
copy, then publish a pull-request from there.

It doesn't matter to you at all if the ASF's git repo is read-only.
Only the owner cares about that.

When I wrote read-only I meant a "read-only mirror for Subversion". Obviously I did not expect to have commit permissions on the official Tomcat repo.

Anyway, I've submitted a PR at https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/36/files

Igal